Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Craft Beer Sales Associate (Part-Time)
Location: Sunalta, Calgary, Alberta
Date Posted: March 6, 2021
Start date: Right away
Experience Level(s): Entry-level to Intermediate
Job Type(s): Permanent, part-time
Education Level(s): Certified Beer Server in the Cicerone® program preferred but not required, Level 1 WSET preferred but not required, ProServe Training, Prud’Homme training, home brewing, liquor retail, or similar experience.
What the Heck is ABX?
At the Alberta Beer Exchange (“ABX”) we are rethinking the liquor store model and revolutionizing the way we sell craft beer, wine, and spirits. We are the first in North America to offer a growler exchange program using stainless steel, double-wall vessels that can be refilled and reused repeatedly. We are focused on the local craft beers and spirits being produced right here in Alberta, but we carry great beers from all over the world as well as a small, curated selection of wine. We strive to be corporately socially responsible, both ethically, and for the environment. We offer a unique shopping experience to every customer and love to share knowledge with each one of them.
ABX opened in Sunalta in June 2019 and we are a place where our employees love to work, and our customers and vendors love to do business with us.
Here’s what we are looking for from you:
Front-line retail sales – you must be friendly, out-going, able to talk about craft beer (proficiently), wine, and spirits with our customers, and help them make informed decisions. The role also involves cash handling, opening & closing procedures, merchandising, stocking shelves, cleaning & organizing, greeting & communicating with customers, providing sales feedback loop with the warehouse staff, updating menu boards & Untappd, and more!
What we need from you as an individual:
- You have a keen drive to succeed and are highly motivated – this is very important to us
- You are charismatic with excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- You are confident, assertive, a good decision maker, and willing to learn
- You are meticulous with a high attention to detail and have a natural tendency to care about your working environment
- You are fun, outgoing, and willing to go above & beyond when needed
- You must be able to lift heavy items and work on your feet for long periods of time
- You have experience in the craft beer industry – this is a must and a non-starter if you don’t have experience in the field because you must be comfortable talking about our products on day one
- You are familiar with the current Alberta craft beer landscape including the breweries and their core beer line-up
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server®, Prud’homme training, or WSET preferred but not required
- ProServe training completed
- You are a responsible person who is trustworthy, has a good character, and does not have a criminal record
What we offer:
- A fun environment with a great culture
- Competitive compensation package
- Growth opportunities for the right individual
- Potential for profit sharing and annual performance bonuses
- Loads of other perks including discounts, training, and happiness
If you are passionate about craft beer, wine, and spirits, have a desire to add value to our team, and are looking for a great place to work, please apply. Thank you for your consideration.
Please don’t apply if you don’t have craft beer knowledge. We will not accept your resume. Thank you for understanding.
Qualified applicants should send inquiries directly to [email protected]